Saturday, January 06, 2007

a new chapter of life

a new chapter of life??

hmmm.....i'm not so sure myself. started working since wed and i have to say that it's a whole new experience for me. lol. for the benifit of those who dun already noe, i'm currently working at KPMG, an auditing firm.

with no prior working experience, i have to admit that i'm a bit blur. to be more precise, i'm totally LOST!!! the seniors dun really explain to you wat they're doin. instead, they juz ask you to help them with the smaller and easier parts of their job, eg. cross referencing. the worst part is that i joined the firm during the "peak period" and therefore have been deprived of a proper induction/training session. how unluckly.... i STILL dun get the big picture after working there for 3 days!! argghhhhh!!!!

1st day of work......
after being briefed by one of the HR staff about the admin issues, we(all the new recruits) were left to rot. everybody was busy with their work and nobody attended to us. we were idle and was bored to death!

2nd day of work.....
i was assigned to the team working on a hotel in batu ferringhi. only the 2nd day of my working life and i was already working OT.hehe. it was already 9.20 pm by time i headed for home and i was damn hungry. famished!!!

3rd day of work......
ended work earlier at around 7.40 pm. so happy to have the weekend off :) however, the weeks ahead shd be hectic as my schedule is full until after cny. sigh.

Hopefully i'll have improved on my skills and knowledge the next time i blog. although i'm starting to have serious doubts after attending the briefing for my next job this morning. din really understand wat they were saying.

sigh..sigh.....sigh..........

6 Comments:

At 6/1/07 6:53 AM, Blogger {Wenying}© said...

start earning money alr leh....


next time u see me u belanja me eat!!

neway it is a good start rite?? hope u enjoy ur work =)

 
At 7/1/07 2:33 AM, Blogger yNg said...

haha sure. no prob. can treat u anytime u wan. hehe.

btw, u stil remember the mall i told u about? Queensbay? there's gona be a skating rink there so we can go skating next time u're back :)

 
At 8/1/07 5:31 PM, Blogger {Wenying}© said...

SKATIN!!!!!

scared til die la....

i damn terrified of skating xD

 
At 13/1/07 1:16 AM, Blogger yNg said...

haha i'm scared too. only tried that once b4. and i'm terrible at it. lol.

 
At 17/1/07 10:45 PM, Blogger june_o said...

lol .....glad to hear that you are finding your feet :P
CHEERS to a great year ahead!
see you around
:P
I wanna go skating tooo!!

 
At 18/1/07 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just back from Bahau for 1 day. 2mr I'm gonna head to perlis...

I think if u meet the right senior, u'll not feel so. I was working in Bahau till 4.30am! Juz me and my senior. He's very nice and we both get along very well.

Yeah, I agree that it'll be blur for a while, but when was it that we weren't? Every time we try something new, blur part will come. We are learning everyday! Keep that in mind!

I bliv dat if you dun give up and keep on believing, KPMG has a lot to offer to u... Seriously, I think u shld start to build up r/ships wif ur seniors, not only to the extent of working and nothing else. This will ease ur learning process.

I hope u'll start to like auditing soon. Gambate ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home